Saturday, March 21, 2009

resource: professional fine art network


joanie san chirico,Woodlands #1, 20h x 28w, acrylic on canvas woodlands #2, 20h x 28w, acrylic on canvas

professional fine art network is a artist network created by friend and fellow artist joanie san chirico. joanie is an amazing person and artist who is a tireless source of inspiration for me (and many others!) and this network is just one of many projects she supports. of the network, she writes:

In May of 2008, I started a LinkedIn group to be sort of a "matchmaker" for artists, consultants and resources because as a working artist myself, I knew of nothing on the web or anywhere else that existed. Much to my surprise, my idea took off and in this short time, there are now 675 members on LinkedIn alone, and more than 100 members on Facebook. In addition to this index, we have interesting discussions going on where members post their news, exhibits and questions.
I have met so many people through pFAn, have made many new friends, new business contacts and found suppliers for my own and for others' projects. Networking is integral to our careers, especially for artists, since so many of us work isolated in our own studios. Please let me know how I can improve pFAn, and I'd love to hear your ideas about how you would like to see the group fit into your future.....and no, even though many of you ask, I can't get you NYC gallery representation, but who knows what will happen!

to join the network and add your listing, contact joanie at professional.fine.art.network@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you find the resource helpful and thanks so much for your kind words too!

    I see you'll be at Parlor Gallery, make sure to send me an invite!!!

    ReplyDelete