Monday, February 16, 2009

monday studio tip of the week



when it's as cold as it's been this winter, it's difficult for me to keep up my exercise plan and when i don't, i get depressed, which is detriment to any kind of art making. so my tip for this week is to put some layers on, get outside and go for a walk. fresh air, sun and a brisk pace will do wonders. in order to keep my mind from going south during the winter, i do four miles three times a week (two miles walking, two miles running), then i lift weights and do 100 sit-ups. i'm always cold in the winter and tend to overdress and when i go out to run, i wear 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 1 jacket, earmuffs, gloves and my ipod, of course. sometimes i wonder how i get anywhere with all of this stuff, but somehow i do and somehow it keeps me sane and working. try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment